If you have lost a tooth or several teeth in a row, our dentist may recommend a dental bridge to restore your smile. Dental bridges are a type of fixed, or nonremovable, prosthetic tooth replacement. They are traditionally anchored in placed through the use of two dental crowns, one on either side of the missing tooth or teeth, which work to hold the bridge in place. Dental bridges may also be supported by implants.
Dental bridges offer many benefits for your oral health and smile, including:
- Restoring your ability to speak and eat normally
- Alleviating excess stress on your bite
- Supporting the shape and volume of your face
- Closing the gap in your smile caused by missing teeth
- Preventing your natural teeth from shifting out of place
- Maintaining a proper bite
- Replacing removable partial dentures
When you receive a dental bridge, you will need to plan for two visits to our office. The first visit will involve taking impressions and preparing your teeth to receive crowns and your bridge. At the second appointment, our dentist will check that your bridge fits properly before bonding it into place.
For more information about dental bridges in Littleton, Colorado, and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Erik Palmberg, call us today at (303) 741-4600!