While we offer many dental services at our practice, it may sometimes be necessary for our dentist and team to refer you to a specialist for more complex or focused treatments. Dr. Erik Palmberg works with a network of specialists to provide premier dental care in Littleton, Colorado, and the surrounding areas. There are a number of recognized specialties, and Dr. Palmberg will carefully evaluate your teeth and mouth to determine which type of treatment is right for your needs.
A dental specialty is an area of dentistry that has been formally recognized by the American Dental Association® and requires additional training following dental school. Dental specialties include:
- Endodontics — This is the field of dental care that focuses on the study and treatment of dental pulp, or the living tissues and nerves inside the tooth.
- Orthodontics — This field of specialty focuses on diagnosing, preventing and correcting abnormalities in the alignment of the teeth and bite.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery — This dental field focuses on surgical treatments to address oral diseases, injuries and defects.
- Pediatric Dentistry — This field of dentistry focuses on comprehensive oral healthcare for infants, children and teenagers.
- Periodontics — This field of dental care focuses on the study and treatment of the periodontal (gum) tissues and other soft tissues of the mouth, and especially on the treatment of gum disease.
- Prosthodontics — This dental specialty involves the diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of oral function, health, appearance and comfort of patients with missing or deficient teeth and oral tissues. Prosthodontists are often referred to as the “quarterbacks” of the dental field because of the way they work with other dentists and specialists to coordinate treatment for patients.
Each of these specialties requires a minimum of two years of additional training following dental school to ensure that a dentist receives the skill and knowledge needed to provide specialized care in a particular field.
For more information about dental specialties and to schedule a consultation with our experienced dentist, give us a call at (303) 741-4600 today!
Se habla español!